Happy Monday! Welcome back to Acting Class Daily and Part Six of The Elysium Aesthetic. We continue all month with classes focusing on each of our three areas of lifelong growth: artistry, instrument and craft.
Today’s member-exclusive class introduces a powerful new tool to our Artistry section. Enjoy!
Did You Know?
90% of all membership monies go to our Young Elysium Artist fund (the other 10% goes to Substack), where members vote to award grants to young artists in need?
This Month’s Focus
Part Six: The Specific & Improvisational Actor
Emotion is beautifully complicated.
Emotion comes when we taste life. When something pierces the haze.
As actors we face enormous pressure to do something to ensure our emotional behavior is in-line with the character.
To show the emotion that should be there.
This week our attention turns to a tool that will reveal the specifics, grow the access, and develop the muscles of a fearless emotional instrument.
The teammate of our Emotional Keys.
Next Class: Vocal Practice (Part Two)
Previous Class: The Specific & Improvisational Actor
Brought Out Of Us
Access & Range
Emotion Is Complicated
Grand Majestic Piano
CRAFT: EA First Rehearsal, Rehearsal Report, Learning Lines, Nurture Transformation, Nature Transformation, Sensory Transformation, Physical Transformation, Relationship Transformation, Soul Work, Character Hooks, Etude Work, Rehearsal Exercises.
Discoveries or Challenges?
All subscribers can:
Paid members have:
24/7 access to our Substack community comments section where you can post your discovery/challenge and receive requested feedback: